FileList box

Question:  If I want to look at specific files using the filelist box, all I
should have to do is put in the mask field, *.bmp; *.tif; *.jpg.  This will
then pull up only files that have the ext of bmp, tif, jpg, right?  Well, when
I do this, it only looks at the bmp extenstions and not the others.  I looked
in help and help told me to use the semi colon, which I did, still no luck.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. this should be a very simply
procedure.

Thanks,

Jeff

Re:FileList box

On Wed, 16 Aug 1995 12:57:57 -0400, drgla...@mindspring.com (ShdwMstr)
wrote:

>Question:  If I want to look at specific files using the filelist box, all I
>should have to do is put in the mask field, *.bmp; *.tif; *.jpg.  This will
>then pull up only files that have the ext of bmp, tif, jpg, right?  Well, when
>I do this, it only looks at the bmp extenstions and not the others.  I looked
>in help and help told me to use the semi colon, which I did, still no luck.
>Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. this should be a very simply
>procedure.

Do include any space characters in the mask string.  Instead of
   *.bmp; *.tif; *.jpg
use
  *.bmp;*.tif;*.jpg

--
Ray Lischner         (li...@tempest-sw.com)
Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA

Re:FileList box

In article <drglance.133.0B35C...@mindspring.com>, drgla...@mindspring.com (ShdwMstr) says:

>Question:  If I want to look at specific files using the filelist box, all I
>should have to do is put in the mask field, *.bmp; *.tif; *.jpg.  This will
>then pull up only files that have the ext of bmp, tif, jpg, right?  Well, when
>I do this, it only looks at the bmp extenstions and not the others.  I looked
>in help and help told me to use the semi colon, which I did, still no luck.
>Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. this should be a very simply
>procedure.

>Thanks,

>Jeff

No spaces in the mask field is the solution. So *.bmp;*.tif;*.jpg will give
the correct files in your case.

Peter Boer, iec ProGAMMA

Other Threads