ADO and Access97

Can an Access97 database file format be created with ADO?

Re:ADO and Access97

Visit this site:
http://www.{*word*104}magic.co.nz/winsoft/adofaq.htm

In Q5.1 FAQ there is your answare.

Good work!

"George Kuascha" <gkho...@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Can an Access97 database file format be created with ADO?

Re:ADO and Access97

>Can an Access97 database file format be created with ADO?

No but you can do it by importing the ADOX type library and using its methods.

uses ADOX;
var
   ADOXCataolog:TCatalog;
begin
ADOXCataolog:=TCatalog(nil);
try
   ADOXCatalog.Create1('Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=new.mdb');
finally
  ADOXCataolog.free;
end;

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ADO and Access97

You create Access 2000/2002 database. To create Access 97 database, use

'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=new.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Engine
Type=3'

Regards,
Vassiliev V.V.
http://www.oledbdirect.com

"Brian Bushay TeamB" <BBus...@Nmpls.com> ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: news:24pr6uortj9ause7d2ggsma8suunk77mgc@4ax.com...

> >Can an Access97 database file format be created with ADO?
> No but you can do it by importing the ADOX type library and using its
methods.

> uses ADOX;
> var
>    ADOXCataolog:TCatalog;
> begin
> ADOXCataolog:=TCatalog(nil);
> try
>    ADOXCatalog.Create1('Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=new.mdb');
> finally
>   ADOXCataolog.free;
> end;

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ADO and Access97

In <3c6e1c88_2@dnews>, Vassiliev V.V. wrote:

> You create Access 2000/2002 database. To create Access 97 database,
> use

> 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=new.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Engine
> Type=3'

I think you meant 'Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=4'

Otherwise you'll end up with Access95, or something  :-)

Roger Morton
ro...@chez-morton.com

Re:ADO and Access97

"Roger Morton" <ro...@xnospamxchez-morton.com> wrote in message

| In <3c6e1c88_2@dnews>, Vassiliev V.V. wrote:
| > You create Access 2000/2002 database. To create Access 97 database,
| > use
| >
| > 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=new.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Engine
| > Type=3'
|
| I think you meant 'Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=4'
|
| Otherwise you'll end up with Access95, or something  :-)

Jet OLEDB:Engine Type Constants:

JET_ENGINETYPE_UNKNOWN = 0
JET_ENGINETYPE_JET10 = 1
JET_ENGINETYPE_JET11 = 2
JET_ENGINETYPE_JET2X = 3
JET_ENGINETYPE_JET3X = 4
JET_ENGINETYPE_JET4X = 5
JET_ENGINETYPE_DBASE3 = 10
JET_ENGINETYPE_DBASE4 = 11
JET_ENGINETYPE_DBASE5 = 12
JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL30 = 20
JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL40 = 21
JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL50 = 22
JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL80 = 23
JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL90 =24
JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCHANGE4 = 30
JET_ENGINETYPE_LOTUSWK1 = 40
JET_ENGINETYPE_LOTUSWK3 = 41
JET_ENGINETYPE_LOTUSWK4 = 42
JET_ENGINETYPE_PARADOX3X = 50
JET_ENGINETYPE_PARADOX4X = 51
JET_ENGINETYPE_PARADOX5X = 52
JET_ENGINETYPE_PARADOX7X = 53
JET_ENGINETYPE_TEXT1X = 60
JET_ENGINETYPE_HTML1X = 70

Re:ADO and Access97

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but if you want to use ADO with
A97 you will need to open a code module in your Access db, go to tools,
references then check MS ActiveX library.

"George Kuascha" <gkho...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Can an Access97 database file format be created with ADO?

Re:ADO and Access97

Sorry, really 4.

About constants: Microsoft does not state it in docs, but they are in hex,
not decimal.

Regards,
Vassiliev V.V.
http://www.oledbdirect.com

"DRS" <d...@removethis.ihug.com.au> ???Y/???Y ????? ???Y??:

> "Roger Morton" <ro...@xnospamxchez-morton.com> wrote in message
> | In <3c6e1c88_2@dnews>, Vassiliev V.V. wrote:
> | > You create Access 2000/2002 database. To create Access 97 database,
> | > use
> | >
> | > 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=new.mdb;Jet OLEDB:Engine
> | > Type=3'
> |
> | I think you meant 'Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=4'
> |
> | Otherwise you'll end up with Access95, or something  :-)

> Jet OLEDB:Engine Type Constants:

> JET_ENGINETYPE_UNKNOWN = 0
> JET_ENGINETYPE_JET10 = 1
> JET_ENGINETYPE_JET11 = 2
> JET_ENGINETYPE_JET2X = 3
> JET_ENGINETYPE_JET3X = 4
> JET_ENGINETYPE_JET4X = 5
> JET_ENGINETYPE_DBASE3 = 10
> JET_ENGINETYPE_DBASE4 = 11
> JET_ENGINETYPE_DBASE5 = 12
> JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL30 = 20
> JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL40 = 21
> JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL50 = 22
> JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL80 = 23
> JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCEL90 =24
> JET_ENGINETYPE_EXCHANGE4 = 30
> JET_ENGINETYPE_LOTUSWK1 = 40
> JET_ENGINETYPE_LOTUSWK3 = 41
> JET_ENGINETYPE_LOTUSWK4 = 42
> JET_ENGINETYPE_PARADOX3X = 50
> JET_ENGINETYPE_PARADOX4X = 51
> JET_ENGINETYPE_PARADOX5X = 52
> JET_ENGINETYPE_PARADOX7X = 53
> JET_ENGINETYPE_TEXT1X = 60
> JET_ENGINETYPE_HTML1X = 70

> --

> Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Re:ADO and Access97

Renzo,

I'm looking for the best solution for my problem.

Currently I use OPUS directaccess to connect to MSAccess 97 or 95 databases.
I like because it;s reliable and fast, but now OPUS announced they do not
develop this product anymore.

So there are two future solutions:

1. using ADO  (D5 + ADO components service pack II)
2. using {*word*104}magic Winsoft
3. other solution ?

I need:
- the best solution for the future
- very easy installation  (my customers just run "setup.exe" on
win95/98/NT4/2000/XP machines)
- very fast connection because I use difficult queries a lot
- I prefer the "one executable" solution
- very reliable, because I hate it when my applications do not run ok
because of bugs I can't control.
- OPUS only loads pointers of records into memory, so my customers can
execute very large queries without being memory-"punished"
- possile to force an application to use a specific DAO-version (DAO 3.0 ,
3.5 , 3.6 )

It seems you are experienced user of both ADO and {*word*104}magic, so perhaps you
have an answer to these questions?

Thanks in advance,

dirActivity-software

Leon Bemmelmans