EOleSysError: 'Unknown language'

Hi, all

I'm using Delphi 3.0 and MS Excel 95 ( czech version ). I want import
some data from Excel sheet into my application. When I use folloving
code I get excelption EOleSysError with message 'Unknown Language'. When
I use another version of Excel ( for example english or slovak
localization ), this code work properly.

var
  Excel: variant;
begin
    Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application');
    Excel.Visible := True;        // here I get error

Thanks.

Brano Vislocky
bra...@hotmail.com

Re:EOleSysError: 'Unknown language'

Brano Vislocky wrote:
> Hi, all

> I'm using Delphi 3.0 and MS Excel 95 ( czech version ). I want import
> some data from Excel sheet into my application. When I use folloving
> code I get excelption EOleSysError with message 'Unknown Language'. When
> I use another version of Excel ( for example english or slovak
> localization ), this code work properly.

> var
>   Excel: variant;
> begin
>     Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application');
>     Excel.Visible := True;        // here I get error

> Thanks.

> Brano Vislocky
> bra...@hotmail.com

Have you attempted to change the LCID for the Excel object before setting
the visible property to true?

--
-Adam
Delphi Developer Support

Due to my workload, personal email more than likely won't get a
reply.

Support options are detailed at http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/
I am unable to answer support questions via email at this time.

Other Threads