Memo/Blob in a Stored Procedure

I'm a little lost right now...how do you write an Update or Insert Stored
Procedure where one of fields in the table is a Memo/Blob.  What datatype do
I use for the input parameter on this kind of field?

 - I tried CHAR(80) but it raised an exception in the application.
 - I also tried "CHARACTER VARYING" but cause a script error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Koerner

Re:Memo/Blob in a Stored Procedure

Have you tried BLOB.

--
Bill

Re:Memo/Blob in a Stored Procedure

Thanks that worked.

I was wondering though why isn't BLOB listed as one of the datatypes in the
"SQL Reference" help file under the topic "Create Procedure"

Dave

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill.nos...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> Have you tried BLOB.

> --
> Bill
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:Memo/Blob in a Stored Procedure

I have no idea. It should be.

--
Bill