TMemo - Scrolling Text

D5:

I have a Tmemo sized to display 4 lines which I use to display an address.
If I write 4 address lines to the memo (after calling .Clear) it adds an
additional blank line to the end and scrolls up so the first address line
isn't visible.  The scrolbars property is set to ssNone.

How can I redraw the text in the control so that all 4 lines of the address
are visible.  Obviously if I tab to the control and up arrow the first line
appears but that's no good as the user can't see that it's there.

Tried Redraw/Repaint/ScrollBy.

TIA
Martin.

Re:TMemo - Scrolling Text

>Martin wrote:

>I have a Tmemo sized to display 4 lines which I use to display an >address. If I write 4 address lines to the memo (after calling .Clear) >it adds an additional blank line to the end and scrolls up so the >first address line isn't visible.

There are several possible fixes. Depends on the routine you intend to
use to write the address to the memo.
________
Andreas
Delphi 5.01 Pro, NT4.0 Sp5
Direct replies mailto:p...@augsburg.netsurf.de

Re:TMemo - Scrolling Text

Andreas

The memo is Read only so I'm just simply adding each line of the address
Using Memo.Add(Address1) etc.

Martin

Andreas Pawlik <no~j...@augsburg.netsurf.de> wrote in message

> >Martin wrote:

> >I have a Tmemo sized to display 4 lines which I use to display an
>address. If I write 4 address lines to the memo (after calling .Clear) >it

adds an additional blank line to the end and scrolls up so the >first
address line isn't visible.

> There are several possible fixes. Depends on the routine you intend to
> use to write the address to the memo.
> ________
> Andreas
> Delphi 5.01 Pro, NT4.0 Sp5