Modify the size of field

Hi,

I use D5 with DataBase Access 97 throught BDE . I need make a program that
modify the size of field
I don't want to create a new table because the table have got 185000
records, the order of the fields is important.

Thank you

Re:Modify the size of field

Add a new column and use a query to transfer the information
from one column to another. Then delete the old field and
rename the new one. That's the only way I know of in an
Access database.

HTH
Woody

"Glaucia Maria" <glau...@sgi.ms.gov.br> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I use D5 with DataBase Access 97 throught BDE . I need
make a program that
> modify the size of field
> I don't want to create a new table because the table have
got 185000
> records, the order of the fields is important.

> Thank you

Re:Modify the size of field

I should add that if you have D5 Enterprise or D6 Pro or Enterprise you can
use ClientDataSet and sort the data in the CDS on an internal calculated
field.

--
Bill

Other Threads