The ODBC resource DLL is a different version than the ODBC driver

Hi

When starting my application which uses the BDE, some users with Win NT get
the following error message from
the ODBC Driver Manager: "The ODBC resource DLL
(C:\WINNT\System32\odbcint.dll) is a different version than the ODBC driver
manager (C:\WINNT\System32\odbc32.dll).  You need to reinstall the ODBC
components to ensure proper operation.  PRESS OK to proceed, CANCEL to
abort."

Can anyone give me any information on this problem.  At present I resolve it
by forwarding said DLL's to overwrite the conflicting ones.

Thanks in Advance

William

Re:The ODBC resource DLL is a different version than the ODBC driver

>When starting my application which uses the BDE, some users with Win NT get
>the following error message from
>the ODBC Driver Manager: "The ODBC resource DLL
>(C:\WINNT\System32\odbcint.dll) is a different version than the ODBC driver
>manager (C:\WINNT\System32\odbc32.dll).  You need to reinstall the ODBC
>components to ensure proper operation.  PRESS OK to proceed, CANCEL to
>abort."

>Can anyone give me any information on this problem.  At present I resolve it
>by forwarding said DLL's to overwrite the conflicting ones.

The ODBC DLLs on the problem system are not the same version.
When I have run into this there have been multiple copies of odbcint.dll in
different directories.   copying the newer version over the old version has
eliminated the problem.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:The ODBC resource DLL is a different version than the ODBC driver

...or you could download Microsoft Data Access Component (MDAC) from Microsoft
site and resinstall it
Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:
> >When starting my application which uses the BDE, some users with Win NT get
> >the following error message from
> >the ODBC Driver Manager: "The ODBC resource DLL
> >(C:\WINNT\System32\odbcint.dll) is a different version than the ODBC driver
> >manager (C:\WINNT\System32\odbc32.dll).  You need to reinstall the ODBC
> >components to ensure proper operation.  PRESS OK to proceed, CANCEL to
> >abort."

> >Can anyone give me any information on this problem.  At present I resolve it
> >by forwarding said DLL's to overwrite the conflicting ones.

> The ODBC DLLs on the problem system are not the same version.
> When I have run into this there have been multiple copies of odbcint.dll in
> different directories.   copying the newer version over the old version has
> eliminated the problem.

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:The ODBC resource DLL is a different version than the ODBC driver

Thanks for your assistance

William

Other Threads