masks on dbedit fields...

Hello, I am writing a paradox database program using delphi1.
I need to use the db components for this masking because it would not be
feasable to append all of the fields as a new record in the database as
there are around 600 entries per record.

My question- how can I make a dbedit field or other db component use a
mask just as the tmaskedit component does?

thanks.

Re:masks on dbedit fields...

Michael:

Actually,  you don't need to do much.  The functionality you are looking
for is already in Delphi...just not where you'd expect it.  With each
tdbedit field, you connect it to a fieldname via the fieldname property.
If you look for the fieldname object with the property window, you will
see the displaymask and editmask properties (at least I think that is
there name).   These take a mask and will do exactly what you want.

If you can't find the tfield components listed in the property window, be
sure you added them with the fields editor from the ttable/tquery object.

Let me know if you need more help..

-Dave

In article <32F4D57C.6...@primenet.com>, mlie...@primenet.com says...

--