I would like to know the difference between Borland Pascal 7.0 and Turbo Pascal 7.0

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between borland Pascal 7.0
and Turbo Pascal 7.0 ?
Can I write Dos applications using Borland Pascal 7.0, and is the
source code compatible with Turbo Pascal 5.x ????

Re:I would like to know the difference between Borland Pascal 7.0 and Turbo Pascal 7.0

Tony Zoght <bol...@nortel.ca> wrote:
>Can anyone tell me what is the difference between borland Pascal 7.0
>and Turbo Pascal 7.0 ?

I guess Borland Pascal is DOS, DPMI and WINDOWS hosted and targeted,
while Turbo Pascal just does DOS.

>Can I write Dos applications using Borland Pascal 7.0, and is the

Yes. Borland includes Turbo.

>source code compatible with Turbo Pascal 5.x ????

Well... Some of it. Most of it, in fact, but 5.0 did not know
about objects while 5.5 did, which makes a great difference.
Anyway, without objects, you can make 5.0-compatible code
in 7.0

Albert.

Other Threads