Paradox tables on network problem

Hi,

I've developed an application with several paradox database tables wich is supposed to
run on a network.
Here's how I did the installing:
application and databases on the serverdrive and the BDE on each client-pc.
the configuration of the paradox net directory pointed allways at the pdoxusrs.net on
the serverdrive. As I run the application one time there's no problem but if I run it a
second time it hangs at the moment I try to open the same database as the first one
uses.
I am probbably doing something wrong here.
Can somebody help me out on this?

Thanks in advance,     Pascal

Re:Paradox tables on network problem

In article <32A0E399.4...@glo.be>, Pascal Corstjens <co...@glo.be> writes:
> As I run the application one time there's no problem but if I run it a
>second time it hangs at the moment I try to open the same database as the
>first one
>uses.

Does it just hang or is there an error message? I received the error
message "Table is busy" under the same circumstances. Removing the table's
AddIndex methods solved the problem.

Clay Shannon

B. Clay Kollenborn-Shannon
InfoHighway 101, P.O. Box 1116, San Andreas,CA 95249
Baseball software
ClaySie...@aol.com

claysie...@aol.com wrote:

> In article <32A0E399.4...@glo.be>, Pascal Corstjens <co...@glo.be> writes:

> > As I run the application one time there's no problem but if I run it a
> >second time it hangs at the moment I try to open the same database as the
> >first one
> >uses.

> Does it just hang or is there an error message? I received the error
> message "Table is busy" under the same circumstances. Removing the table's
> AddIndex methods solved the problem.

> Clay Shannon

I had a similar problem.  Make sure that the tables are
all closed before you exit the program and that the program is
cleared out of memory before running it a second time.  An
excellent tool to help you with this is DLLMGR.ZIP available on
the super page.

Hope that helps

Brahm van Niekerk
Elgin Data Development Corporation (PTY) Ltd.
mailto: br...@iafrica.com

Other Threads