Calculating field based on previous and next records

My application (Oracle 7.3, Delphi C/S 3.02) requires to calculate field
values based on the previous and next records.

Any tips on doing this without using multiple NEXT and PRIOR methods?

I would rather do this in Object Pascal rather than PL/SQL due to the nature
of the calculations performed.

Thanks in advance
Alan

Re:Calculating field based on previous and next records

Alan Morrison <amorri...@firstengineering.co.uk> schreef in berichtnieuws
7ptmdr$23...@lure.pipex.net...

> My application (Oracle 7.3, Delphi C/S 3.02) requires to calculate field
> values based on the previous and next records.

> Any tips on doing this without using multiple NEXT and PRIOR methods?

> I would rather do this in Object Pascal rather than PL/SQL due to the
nature
> of the calculations performed.

> Thanks in advance
> Alan

Make a second TTable or TQuery with the same specs.
When on a certain record in the first DataSet, synchronize the second and
skip one for- or backward.

Timo

Other Threads