turbo pascal/borland pascal

does anyone know what's different between the two above? i have turbo pascal
7.0 and most people here mention borland pascal 7.0. i know it's not the
same compiler.. at least that's the case with c++. but turbo pascal is made
by borland. why and how are they different?

Re:turbo pascal/borland pascal

In article <kedr4702.68.307AB...@mars.rowan.edu>, kedr4...@mars.rowan.edu
says...

>does anyone know what's different between the two above? i have turbo pascal
>7.0 and most people here mention borland pascal 7.0. i know it's not the
>same compiler.. at least that's the case with c++. but turbo pascal is made
>by borland. why and how are they different?

I have looked at my copy and found I have TP and BP in one dir, I don't know
if somebody goofed or not...

In article <browning.59.00180...@census.gov> brown...@census.gov (Michael Browning) writes:
>Borland Pascal is a superset of Turbo Pascal.  Turbo Pascal includes only a
>real mode DOS compiler...
>(TURBO.EXE - IDE environment, TPC.EXE - command-line compiler)

You missed TPX.EXE, the protected mode IDE in Turbo Pascal.  It's a scaled
down version of BP.EXE that can only compile to a real mode target.

Duncan Murdoch

Other Threads