BDE Install problems

I have a Delphi 4 application which uses MSAccess 97.  It has been installed
sucessfully on many differenct workstations, both NT4 and Win95.  When our
support people attempted to install it, using the same installation program
we've always used, on a brand new 500 Mhz Win98 PC, the BDE does not install
properly.  If you attempt to go into the BDE Administrator, the PC just
hangs.  What can cause this?  Are there any issues with the BDE and Win98?
Or with the BDE and processor speed?

Re:BDE Install problems

Susan Pitman <spit...@bankersbank.com> wrote in message

> I have a Delphi 4 application which uses MSAccess 97.  It has been
installed
> sucessfully on many differenct workstations, both NT4 and Win95.  When our
> support people attempted to install it, using the same installation
program
> we've always used, on a brand new 500 Mhz Win98 PC, the BDE does not
install
> properly.  If you attempt to go into the BDE Administrator, the PC just
> hangs.  What can cause this?  Are there any issues with the BDE and Win98?
> Or with the BDE and processor speed?

S3 video driver bug?  Are you running with 16 colors?  Bump it up to 256
colors at least.

Also search www.deja.com for "builder acceleration borland" and read replies
to post entitled "Borland C++ 4.5 and Builder 4.0"

Re:BDE Install problems

You should check that you have at least 256 colors configured on your
display... 16 colors hangs BDE on Win98

--
ISC Jos Manuel Gmez-Ferrer y Reguero
Gerente de Sistemas

Susan Pitman <spit...@bankersbank.com> wrote in message

| I have a Delphi 4 application which uses MSAccess 97.  It has been
installed
| sucessfully on many differenct workstations, both NT4 and Win95.  When our
| support people attempted to install it, using the same installation
program
| we've always used, on a brand new 500 Mhz Win98 PC, the BDE does not
install
| properly.  If you attempt to go into the BDE Administrator, the PC just
| hangs.  What can cause this?  Are there any issues with the BDE and Win98?
| Or with the BDE and processor speed?

Other Threads