Accessing MS Access database with Delphi application

I'm trying to write an application in Borland Delphi 2.0 that will
utilizie a database created using Microsoft Access for Win95.  If
anyone knows how, please let me know.

Re:Accessing MS Access database with Delphi application

In article <3309c5a...@news.eatel.net>, Jac...@Jackal.Den says...

>I'm trying to write an application in Borland Delphi 2.0 that will
>utilizie a database created using Microsoft Access for Win95.  If
>anyone knows how, please let me know.

1. Use ODBC, but this will be slow and lack many features.
2. Use 3rd party tools
   a. JetSet (www.xeaglex.com)
   b. Opus DirectAccess (http://www.opus.ch/)
   c. Titan Access (http://www.reggatta.com/)
3. Wait for Delphi-3 (coming soon to a theater near you).

TrongAn Hoang

Re:Accessing MS Access database with Delphi application

The only way I know of (and please don't consider me an expert) is to get
an ODBC driver for Access and use that in the BDE.  This would give you
access to the data but not to the reports and screens.  Is this what you
are looking for?

The Jackal <Jac...@Jackal.Den> wrote in article
<3309c5a...@news.eatel.net>...

> I'm trying to write an application in Borland Delphi 2.0 that will
> utilizie a database created using Microsoft Access for Win95.  If
> anyone knows how, please let me know.

Re:Accessing MS Access database with Delphi application

I'm writing a data entry and retrieval program that will do some
calculations on data values and I want to store the data being entered
by the user into an Access 95 MDB table that I created (without giving
up on Delphi or getting the Access Dev. Toolkit).

Using Delphi Developer 2.0 and MS Access for Windows 95 (v7.0)

>"G. Bradley MacDonald" <GBMAC...@BCSC02.GOV.BC.CA> wrote:
>The only way I know of (and please don't consider me an expert) is to get
>an ODBC driver for Access and use that in the BDE.  This would give you
>access to the data but not to the reports and screens.  Is this what you
>are looking for?
>The Jackal <Jac...@Jackal.Den> wrote in article
><3309c5a...@news.eatel.net>...
>> I'm trying to write an application in Borland Delphi 2.0 that will
>> utilizie a database created using Microsoft Access for Win95.  If
>> anyone knows how, please let me know.

Re:Accessing MS Access database with Delphi application

Where do you get the ODBC driver for Access while waiting for Delphi
3.0 to come out?

The Jackal wrote:

> Where do you get the ODBC driver for Access while waiting for Delphi
> 3.0 to come out?

> >"G. Bradley MacDonald" <GBMAC...@BCSC02.GOV.BC.CA> wrote:

> >The only way I know of (and please don't consider me an expert) is to get
> >an ODBC driver for Access and use that in the BDE.  This would give you
> >access to the data but not to the reports and screens.  Is this what you
> >are looking for?

> >The Jackal <Jac...@Jackal.Den> wrote in article
> ><3309c5a...@news.eatel.net>...
> >> I'm trying to write an application in Borland Delphi 2.0 that will
> >> utilizie a database created using Microsoft Access for Win95.  If
> >> anyone knows how, please let me know.

Hi,

You can load the ODBC Drivers from your Access program diskettes. Look
through the install options, buried in there is an option to install the
ODBC drivers for Access. You must have Access installed or the Access
Run time. This installs MS Jet database engine.

After you get sick of ODBC try www.opus.ch for Opus Direct Access.

Austin

Pam Wright wrote:

> The Jackal wrote:

> > Where do you get the ODBC driver for Access while waiting for Delphi
> > 3.0 to come out?

> > >"G. Bradley MacDonald" <GBMAC...@BCSC02.GOV.BC.CA> wrote:

> > >The only way I know of (and please don't consider me an expert) is to get
> > >an ODBC driver for Access and use that in the BDE.  This would give you
> > >access to the data but not to the reports and screens.  Is this what you
> > >are looking for?

> > >The Jackal <Jac...@Jackal.Den> wrote in article
> > ><3309c5a...@news.eatel.net>...

> Hi,

> You can load the ODBC Drivers from your Access program diskettes. Look
> through the install options, buried in there is an option to install the
> ODBC drivers for Access. You must have Access installed or the Access
> Run time. This installs MS Jet database engine.

> After you get sick of ODBC try www.opus.ch for Opus Direct Access.

> Austin

Yeah, its a nice god-awful kludge that is impossible to work with.
No thanks.

Other Threads