TClientSocket/TServerSocket (TCP/IP) ?

Hello,

I've got the standard edition of Delphi 5 and C++ Builder 5. Both come
with those two components but they are not documented.  Has anyone got
the source code for an example using those ?   I know Borland gave a
CHAT example in his pro editions but I haven't got it.
Thank you
Jean-Pierre TROLET

Re:TClientSocket/TServerSocket (TCP/IP) ?

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:30:23 GMT,
remove_antispam_jean-pierre.tro...@ycmn.com (Jean-Pierre Trolet)
wrote:

>Hello,

>I've got the standard edition of Delphi 5 and C++ Builder 5. Both come
>with those two components but they are not documented.  Has anyone got
>the source code for an example using those ?

I have seen some examples at:

http://users.pandora.be/dirk.claessens2

Note though that the use of these components is deprecated in D7.
Borlands suggests that you use the Indy components for  socket
operations. I think the Indy components are available free on the net
if you don't have them.

--
Duncan

Re:TClientSocket/TServerSocket (TCP/IP) ?

Thank you Duncan for your informations. I did not know Indy
components.
JP

Other Threads