INDY Current compilable SMTPServer Demo?

Anyone know where there's a demo corresponding to the Indy, SMTPServer
demo,
but that reconciles everything that doesn't seem to agree with Indy
9.0.3B
and/or D6 (Numerous missing-property complaints on initial load into
IDE, and
compile errors)?

Thanks,

Graham

Graham Wideman
MS MVP for Visio
Books:
Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (with Tools)
... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
http://www.diagramantics.com

Re:INDY Current compilable SMTPServer Demo?

quick answer, nope !  ...

if you have a specific question mail me. or ask on this group.

/A.

"Graham Wideman, Visio MVP" <graham...@diagramantics.com.nospam> wrote in
message news:3C95BF92.2DA18C44@diagramantics.com.nospam...

> Anyone know where there's a demo corresponding to the Indy, SMTPServer
> demo,
> but that reconciles everything that doesn't seem to agree with Indy
> 9.0.3B
> and/or D6 (Numerous missing-property complaints on initial load into
> IDE, and
> compile errors)?

> Thanks,

> Graham

> Graham Wideman
> MS MVP for Visio
> Books:
> Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
> Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (with Tools)
> ... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
> http://www.diagramantics.com

Re:INDY Current compilable SMTPServer Demo?

Allen:

> quick answer, nope !  ...

Thanks for the definitive answer :-).  I generally like to start with
demo code that works, and then investigate each aspect of it to be
sure I understand it, and that its scope covers what I need to do.
If it doesn't start in working condition, then I have to understand
a whole lot more before I can determine whether this is a path that's
worth pursuing.

So, kudos for all the efforts that Team Indy is putting in.  But this
being the third Indy "demo-doesn't-load/compile/work" in 3 days, it
suggests that more mileage would be gained from those efforts if the
demos would keep pace (even if the pace was slower). And non-working
demos also raises the question -- how is the work tested?

Not a whine... genuine curiosity and concern.

Graham

Allen - Team Indy wrote:

> quick answer, nope !  ...

> if you have a specific question mail me. or ask on this group.

> /A.

> "Graham Wideman, Visio MVP" <graham...@diagramantics.com.nospam> wrote in
> message news:3C95BF92.2DA18C44@diagramantics.com.nospam...
> > Anyone know where there's a demo corresponding to the Indy, SMTPServer
> > demo,
> > but that reconciles everything that doesn't seem to agree with Indy
> > 9.0.3B
> > and/or D6 (Numerous missing-property complaints on initial load into
> > IDE, and
> > compile errors)?

Graham Wideman
MS MVP for Visio
Books:
Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (with Tools)
... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
http://www.diagramantics.com

Re:INDY Current compilable SMTPServer Demo?

> demos would keep pace (even if the pace was slower). And non-working
> demos also raises the question -- how is the work tested?

Against different compilers (D4(was), D5, D6, C++B), and on Different OSs
... having said that, the demos have I admit been neglected for a good while
mainly because (a) I have been extremly busy making money to pay the
mortgage! (b) until about 2 weeks ago I have been travelling 4 hours+ per
day to get a net connection to be able to work because it took over six
months for my telco to connect my new house up!  (c) again until a few weeks
back I only had D5 and Win98 and was relying on others to test with the
other plaftorms/compilers and (d) cos like a lot of things, there are
precious few people who have helped with the testing etc, and it mainly
falls on 1..2 people

Now - having said all that, I have just completed the project from hell
(started out as a one month thing and grew out of all proportion thru client
requests!!), have just got my phone lines in, no longer have to travel for a
net connection, have a copy of the major OSs (W95/W98/ME/NT/W2K/Linux)
available, have a copy of all relevant compilers available (D5, D6, C++,
Kylix), am this week installing a rack of five machines / mini network in my
home office, have walked the dogs, soooooo  cross your toes, things should
be getting back to normal on the demos front damn soon !

> Not a whine... genuine curiosity and concern.

And appreciated! ... now - have you any time you can put into helping with
the demos???    :-)

/A.

Re:INDY Current compilable SMTPServer Demo?

Visit my homepage, look for "Delphi" -> v50,
in "HrunS.pas" you will find a nntp-, pop3-, smtp-,
chat-, timeserver.
//in "Haupt1.pas" you will find the clients,
//running in a thread.
changed to separate included project
- Built with Indy9 -

Ernst Gerlach
ernst.gerl...@epost.de
http://www.gerlach-mtl.de
--- use plain text only in email ---

"Graham Wideman, Visio MVP" <graham...@diagramantics.com.nospam> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:3C95BF92.2DA18C44@diagramantics.com.nospam...

> Anyone know where there's a demo corresponding to the Indy, SMTPServer
> demo,
> but that reconciles everything that doesn't seem to agree with Indy
> 9.0.3B
> and/or D6 (Numerous missing-property complaints on initial load into
> IDE, and
> compile errors)?

> Thanks,

> Graham

> Graham Wideman
> MS MVP for Visio
> Books:
> Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
> Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (with Tools)
> .. and resources for programmable diagramming at:
> http://www.diagramantics.com

Re:INDY Current compilable SMTPServer Demo?

Allen:

I totally empathize with your busy life, and I know I should feel
grateful for your and the team's efforts.

> And appreciated! ... now - have you any time you can put
> into helping with the demos???    :-)

This is a fair enough question. I do some of this kind of stuff, but
I don't have time for this one. I suspect that if you offer
components, part of the deal is that you have to expect some of
the audience to be users :-)

That said, if the demo was functional I'd be encouraged to use,
and definitely would report bugs, as I already did on the POP
component.

Graham

Graham Wideman
MS MVP for Visio
Books:
Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (with Tools)
... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
http://www.diagramantics.com

Re:INDY Current compilable SMTPServer Demo?

Cool, I'll check them out!

Ernst Gerlach wrote:

> Visit my homepage, look for "Delphi" -> v50,
> in "HrunS.pas" you will find a nntp-, pop3-, smtp-,
> chat-, timeserver.
> //in "Haupt1.pas" you will find the clients,
> //running in a thread.
> changed to separate included project
> - Built with Indy9 -

> Ernst Gerlach

Graham Wideman
MS MVP for Visio
Books:
Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
Visio 2002 Developer's Survival Pack (with Tools)
... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
http://www.diagramantics.com

Other Threads