partial text selecting from a dbgrid cell.

Does any one know how to select only a part of a text from a dbgrid
cell? For example, if I have "This is a test" in the dbgrid cell and I
want the program to select "is a" when the user clicks a button.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Farzana Jashim

Re:partial text selecting from a dbgrid cell.

In dbgrid not. But you can create a descendent and declare InplaceEditor
property as public, so that you can set its SelStart and SelLength
properties at will.

--
Robert

Farzana Jashim wrote in message <3B49D65B.17335...@nimax.com>...
>Does any one know how to select only a part of a text from a dbgrid
>cell? For example, if I have "This is a test" in the dbgrid cell and I
>want the program to select "is a" when the user clicks a button.

>Thanks in advance for your help.

>Farzana Jashim

Re:partial text selecting from a dbgrid cell.

Robert,

Thank you so much. I could make it work.

-Farzana

Robert Cerny wrote:
> In dbgrid not. But you can create a descendent and declare InplaceEditor
> property as public, so that you can set its SelStart and SelLength
> properties at will.

> --
> Robert

> Farzana Jashim wrote in message <3B49D65B.17335...@nimax.com>...
> >Does any one know how to select only a part of a text from a dbgrid
> >cell? For example, if I have "This is a test" in the dbgrid cell and I
> >want the program to select "is a" when the user clicks a button.

> >Thanks in advance for your help.

> >Farzana Jashim

Other Threads