ADO Express and Access 2000 Db images anyone?

Having just upgraded Delphi 5 Pro with ADO Express, I have encountered a
problem with retrieving .jpg (OLE) images from my Access 2000 database.
I am using  ADO DataSource, connection and Dataset -and have no problems
connecting and retrieving the other fields.
The TBDImage object produces a "Bitmap image is not valid" message
whenever the 'datafield' property is changed to retrieve the picture
 field.
Previous comments (in the newsgroups) on this subject seem to raise
doubts about ADO Express' ability to successfully retrieve images from
an access Db.
Does anybody have any ideas or further information on this subject ?

Regards,
Andy Goodwin.

Re:ADO Express and Access 2000 Db images anyone?

You have a problem... MS Access stores images in a non-standard way that is
not directly accessible by Delphi. For a work-around see
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/ADO/Northwind/default.htm.

"andymg" <and...@mars.fsnet.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> Having just upgraded Delphi 5 Pro with ADO Express, I have encountered a
> problem with retrieving .jpg (OLE) images from my Access 2000 database.
> I am using  ADO DataSource, connection and Dataset -and have no problems
> connecting and retrieving the other fields.
> The TBDImage object produces a "Bitmap image is not valid" message
> whenever the 'datafield' property is changed to retrieve the picture
>  field.
> Previous comments (in the newsgroups) on this subject seem to raise
> doubts about ADO Express' ability to successfully retrieve images from
> an access Db.
> Does anybody have any ideas or further information on this subject ?

> Regards,
> Andy Goodwin.

Other Threads