Annoying behaviour of BDE

Hi,

I have just found out that if I revoke select privileges for a given user on
ceratin columns in an MS SQL Server 6.5 table and then try to query columns
the user still has access to the BDE throws a wobbly.  It complains about
the user not having select permission on columns not even in the query.
Further investigation with SQL monitor found that the BDE is requesting all
columns in the prepare part prior to query execution.  This effectively
means that I cannot use column level security with the BDE, or am I missing
something?

John.

--
I am using Delphi 5.01 Enterprise