Key violation when append with autoincrement key field.

I have a paradox table with a primary key of autoincrement type
It is very strange when user append a record, it result a error message: Key
violation
How can I do ?

Re:Key violation when append with autoincrement key field.

The table is corrupt. Try restructuring the table with Database Desktop and
change the key field to a long integer. The restructure the table a second
time and change the field type back to autoincrement.

--
Bill

Re:Key violation when append with autoincrement key field.

Try to use two primary key...
Before I have that epidemic too when I try to use relational database "one
to one" (using 2 table).
Then from DataBse Desktop I add on second table 2 primary key ( two
star)....then the
probelm was gone...

I don't know why...

> The table is corrupt. Try restructuring the table with Database Desktop
and
> change the key field to a long integer. The restructure the table a second
> time and change the field type back to autoincrement.

Other Threads