Board index » delphi » OK I'm desperate- QR hell, please help

OK I'm desperate- QR hell, please help

<despondent> Hi

I have a problem that I really have to solve by Monday or I'm up the
proverbial creek without a paddle.

All I want to do is print out a single record in a table with
quickreport using bands, some which may be printed due to certain
conditions.

My problem is thus :

I lay down my quickrep component do my headers etc then place a band
on the page.
My table is called organiser and I have set the quickrep.datasource to
that.
If I use a title band at run time the report seems to rifle through
the whole of the organiser table and only print the last record.
If I use the detail band it prints all the records.
If I don't use the bands and put my db labels onto the quickrep itself
it works but then I lose the functionality of the bands ie printband =
true/false.
The overlay band I read is defunct and there is no description of what
it does.

If u can help me, please do I would be eternally grateful.
Maf

 

Re:OK I'm desperate- QR hell, please help


I realize this may be too simplistic... but would it be possible to put the
selection criteria on the datasource?

Quote
>All I want to do is print out a single record in a table with
>quickreport using bands, some which may be printed due to certain
>conditions.

>My problem is thus :

>I lay down my quickrep component do my headers etc then place a band
>on the page.
>My table is called organiser and I have set the quickrep.datasource to
>that.....

Re:OK I'm desperate- QR hell, please help


Hello!

Use detailband which will print all records seen in the table, and use the
filter option in the table to choose which records you want it to see.

Also you can subscribe to borland.public.delphi.reporting-charting group
for theese questions.

--
Regards
Kai Inge

{When I realized the difference between estimated time used and real time
used - I realized that the life is going to be too short.}

maf <marco.fo...@fortenet.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<3604220e.36787...@news.demon.co.uk>...

Quote
> <despondent> Hi

> I have a problem that I really have to solve by Monday or I'm up the
> proverbial creek without a paddle.

> All I want to do is print out a single record in a table with
> quickreport using bands, some which may be printed due to certain
> conditions.

> If u can help me, please do I would be eternally grateful.
> Maf

Re:OK I'm desperate- QR hell, please help


thanks to both of you for your replies.

Both seem to go the sam path ie filtering but I really don't want to
upset my original table pointer and have to go through setting
bookmarks etc when the tabl is unfiltered.

Thanks anyway (and for the tip of using the othr group :) )

maf

Re:OK I'm desperate- QR hell, please help


This seems very straight forward to me:

  Put a TQuery as the datasource, do a query to select the only record
you are interested.  Then close it.

2nd method:
   Put only QRLabel on the band. (No need datasource)  Fill in the
label's caption before print.

3rd method:
   In the band's after print procedure, set MORE := false; { not
verified, I read it somewhere}  Or move the table's pointer to EOF.

Quote
marco.fo...@fortenet.demon.co.uk (maf) wrote:
><despondent> Hi

>I have a problem that I really have to solve by Monday or I'm up the
>proverbial creek without a paddle.

>All I want to do is print out a single record in a table with
>quickreport using bands, some which may be printed due to certain
>conditions.

Other Threads