Getting Rid of Login Prompt D5

I just received D5 and tried a simple project using a tdatabase
component, ttable and dbgrid.  I am trying to connect to an Access 2000
database.  Everything is working fine except  that I cannot get rid of
the login prompt.  I set the login property to false in the tdatabase
but as soon as I add the ttable component and set the table name
property, I get the login dialog box.  Any suggestions?
TIA
KCS

Re:Getting Rid of Login Prompt D5

First make certain the TDatabase component is getting created and connected
before the TTable is made active (right click on the form and check out the
creation order).  Secondly the DatabaseName you give to the TDatabase should be
the DatabaseName you use with the TTable.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives

Re:Getting Rid of Login Prompt D5

>I just received D5 and tried a simple project using a tdatabase
>component, ttable and dbgrid.  I am trying to connect to an Access 2000
>database.  Everything is working fine except  that I cannot get rid of
>the login prompt.  I set the login property to false in the tdatabase
>but as soon as I add the ttable component and set the table name
>property, I get the login dialog box.  Any suggestions?

All your tables need to connect through the Tdatabase in order for this to work
You must have at least one table that is not connecting through the tdatabase.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads