Help:Saving Graphic Image Into A BLOB Graphic Field In Paradox Table

Can someone help me because I somewhat understand how to program in delphi 3.

I have a paradox table with one of the fields being a BLOB GRAPHIC.
Using an 'opendialog1' component, how do I program delphi3 to place the .BMP
file that I selected from the opendialog1 component into the BLOB GRAPHIC field
and then save it to the database.  No matter what I try it gives me an error
message after I compile and run it, either, "Variant and Picture Not Compatible"
or "Variant Operation Not Supported".

Thanx
TommyD

Re:Help:Saving Graphic Image Into A BLOB Graphic Field In Paradox Table

TommyD <unkn...@unknown.account.com> wrote in article
<68e7if$l2...@nntp2.uunet.ca>...

> Can someone help me because I somewhat understand how to program in
delphi 3.

> I have a paradox table with one of the fields being a BLOB GRAPHIC.
> Using an 'opendialog1' component, how do I program delphi3 to place the
BMP
> file that I selected from the opendialog1 component into the BLOB GRAPHIC
field
> and then save it to the database.  No matter what I try it gives me an
error
> message after I compile and run it, either, "Variant and Picture Not
Compatible"
> or "Variant Operation Not Supported".

> Thanx
> TommyD

Use a DBImage and set the DataField and Datasource correctly. And then use
DBImage.Picture.LoadFromFile(TheFile:String);
DBImage.PasteFromClipboard; when the Data is on the Clipboard...
and a Post.

Hope that helps...
Greetings Jan Oonk

Other Threads