Setting report variables in the detail of a ReportSmith master-detail report

I don't seem to be able to set the values of report variables in the
detail report of a master-detail report in ReportSmith using the
InitialValues property of a TReport in Delphi 1.  The report variables for
the master of this report are assigned fine but I still get the dialogs
prompting for the values in the detail report when it runs.

Is this a bug or is there some undocumented (or at least well hidden)
syntax I need to use in the InitialValues strings?

Grateful for any assistance.

 Brian Stone, Peterborough, UK (ston...@aol.com)