How to manipulate substrings of a memo line?

I have been trying to break a memo or editbox line into substrings.
I have a sentence read into an edit box and I want to click on and
hilight just a specific word in the sentence, as well as have the
flexibility to manipulate that word and rewrite it to the editbox.
Has anyone had experience with this kind of problem? Thanks!

Re:How to manipulate substrings of a memo line?

Jennifer Restrepo <j...@clipr.colorado.edu> wrote:
>I have been trying to break a memo or editbox line into substrings.
>I have a sentence read into an edit box and I want to click on and
>hilight just a specific word in the sentence, as well as have the
>flexibility to manipulate that word and rewrite it to the editbox.
>Has anyone had experience with this kind of problem? Thanks!

Sounds as if SelStart, SelLength, SelText (and the PChar methods
GetSelTextBuf/SetSelTextBuf) will let you do what you need. Post
or e-mail me if you're trying something more subtle.
--
Best wishes

John Nurick

e-mail: j.nur...@dial.pipex.com