SMTP Connect Stops all processes

I've got a program running on a client machine and they actually have port
25 blocked so opening that is the quick answer here and I realize that but I
would still like to know because this has never happened before so I'm
pretty curious as to why when the program tries to connect to the smtp
server it completely freezes up the whole computer.  Im using Delphi 5 Indy
9 SMTP component.  I don't mean my program freezes until the timeout is
reached.  I mean you can't do anything with any other program, the task
manager even stops refreshing CPU usage and other stats.  Then once the
timeout is reached everything is back to normal, but has anyone seen this
before and do you know why that's happening?  I would like to resolve that
because they were pretty upset that the whole server wasn't responding.  I
don't care if my program doesn't neccesarily respond, but I can't freeze up
their whole system.  Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jon

Re:SMTP Connect Stops all processes

"Jon Hinkle" <jhin...@autobaseinc.com> wrote in message

> when the program tries to connect to the smtp server
> it completely freezes up the whole computer.

When that happens, double-check the TaskManager, see if any processes are
running at 100% CPU usage.  If that happens, the system can't do much else
else as long as the CPU is dedicated to whatever is maxing it out.

Gambit

Re:SMTP Connect Stops all processes

"Jon Hinkle" <jhin...@autobaseinc.com> wrote in

> to the smtp server it completely freezes up the whole computer.  Im
> using Delphi 5 Indy 9 SMTP component.  I don't mean my program freezes
> until the timeout is reached.  I mean you can't do anything with any

It sounds like a problem with the network driver, or a personal type
firewall.

   Qualified help FAST with Indy Experts Support
   from the experts themselves:

   http://www.atozedsoftware.com/indy/experts/support.html