Pascal Compiler for Win95

Andres Kello wrote:

> I have a PC running Win95 and I'm learning Pascal.  Is there a Pascal
> Compiler for Win95?  The only thing of seen related to windows and Pascal
> has been Borland's Turbo Pascal 1.5 for Win 3.1.  Any comments are
> appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

> Regards,
> Andres

You Can use TWP v1.5 with Video Patches and create 16 bit programs under
Win95 which will run in Win 3.x and Win95.  If you want to create Win95
applications (32bit), you can use Delphi 2.0, also from borland.

-Ed

Re:Pascal Compiler for Win95

On 27 Sep 1996, Andres Kello wrote:

> I have a PC running Win95 and I'm learning Pascal.  Is there a Pascal
> Compiler for Win95?  The only thing of seen related to windows and Pascal
> has been Borland's Turbo Pascal 1.5 for Win 3.1.  Any comments are
> appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Borland Pascal 7 <not Turbo> has internal Windoze 3.1 support.  Also for
Win3 is Delphi 1, which is kinda a cross between VBasic and Pascal.  You
DRAW your applications!!  After the GUI is written, you just patch in the
event-handling code.

Delphi 2, which I saw at Media Play for $100 is like Delphi 1 but has
fewer bugs <G> and is a Win32 compiler.  As an added bonus, if you have a
protected mode app written in BP7 or TPX7 <TPX is available in the
education version, I think--which was what I had before I bought BP7> you
can usually compile it without problems for Win95 console mode.  Since I
don't yet have it, I don't know how well this works.

There are Delphi newsgroups if you are interested in checking it out.

BTW, whenever I post to this newsgroup, I usually get 2-3 bulk mail spams,
so the return address is {*word*99}.  my real domain is teleport.com, if you
want it for something.

           \|/           Peace can not exist without war, nor can war
       \\\\/|\////          exist without peace. Think about it...
        \\\\|////             ----------------------------------
            V                 KnightBird - knght...@teleport.com

Andres Kello (Andr...@sprynet.com) wrote:
> I have a PC running Win95 and I'm learning Pascal.  Is there a Pascal
> Compiler for Win95?

GNU Pascal runs everywhere, including Win95.
Check the Mini FAQ, posted weekly to this
NewsGroup, for more information.

    Peter

      e-mail:  peter.gerwin...@uni-essen.de
home address:  D\"usseldorfer Str. 35, 45145 Essen, Germany
         WWW:  http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~peter/

Other Threads