MS SQL Server 6.5, Delphi 4.0 and DateTime

Hi all,

I have a problem with DateTime fields and MS SQL Server 6.5.

Somehow it doesn't work when I try to assign a date value to a
DateTimeField. It only works when I set my regional settings to US (My
default is German). (The SQL Server software is an english version).

Can anybody help me, please?
Thanks

Heinz

Re:MS SQL Server 6.5, Delphi 4.0 and DateTime

One suggestion is to check the language setting on your SQL Server (if there
is one, which might be a setting you can pick upon installation only -- I
haven't looked) and check how you're setting the datetime value.  Are you
using a SQL statement to Update it?  Are you using data-aware controls to do
it?  Are you reading the date out of the control as a string or sending it
right through as a datetime variable into a parameter for a sql statement?

Paul Munn, pm...@my-dejanews.com