Help - BDE "Some Internal Limit"

I am using D4 C/S on NT spk3 with 128mb, application uses local paradox
files.  In a nutshell, the application is querying several large indexed
tables in sequence.  The result of the query is ADDed to a RESULT table.
After the fourth iteration I get a DBE error #9482 "Some internal limit"
the error references the ".MB" file of the result table.  I have one memo
field.  The Result.db is about 21MB and the Result.MB is 11Mb a total of
130000 records.

I was using TBatchMove, then moved to BDIBatchMove to get the actual error
generated, this did not provide any additional info.  I have reviewed
Inprise Site for BDE limitations and do not see any which fit my situation.

Does anyone have any idea what type of limit I am hitting or how to find
out?  I am stumped.

Thanks
Mark

Re:Help - BDE "Some Internal Limit"

It is possible that you have run out of file handles.  There is system-wide
limit to file handles used by the BDE, and it is difficult to predict how
many will be used at any given time.  Cached updates will use them up fast.

Try changing the setting in the BDE (under System\INIT).  If that doesn't
work, try increasing a few of the memory buffers as a shot in the dark.

V/R
Russell L. Smith

Mark G. Zeringue wrote in message <01bdf598$00946040$a953ddcf@s{*word*199}>...
>After the fourth iteration I get a DBE error #9482 "Some internal limit"
>the error references the ".MB" file of the result table.  I have one memo

Re:Help - BDE "Some Internal Limit"

Thanks for your input Russell.

However I tried these to no avail, then I posted another request on this
and was notified that this is a known bug in the V5 of the BDE.  I searched
dejanews and found others with same issue.  Seems things worked under D3.

I guess I will have to live with this until the update comes out,  anyone
have an Idea when that will be?

Mark

Russell L. Smith <Russell_L._Sm...@mail.amsinc.com> wrote in article
<6vuct7$e...@forums.borland.com>...

> It is possible that you have run out of file handles.  There is
system-wide
> limit to file handles used by the BDE, and it is difficult to predict how
> many will be used at any given time.  Cached updates will use them up
fast.

> Try changing the setting in the BDE (under System\INIT).  If that doesn't
> work, try increasing a few of the memory buffers as a shot in the dark.

> V/R
> Russell L. Smith

Other Threads