TLB editor in Delphi 5 autocreate Serverwarppers in _TLB.PAS files

Is there a way to make the TLB editor not creating the Serverwrappers in the
_TLB files.
Now it's impossible to use the _TLB.PAS files with older Delphi versions.
I normally use the TLB editor from D4 for all TLB editing wich is used in
both projects in D3 and D4. Now D5 is for TLB editing the _TLB.PAS don't
work anymore in the D3 environment because the TLB editor creates wrappers
for the Server objects. Is there a way to prevent the TLB editor from doing
this ?

--
Greetings Andre Mens author of QReport Artist

mens...@mensand.demon.nl
http://www.mensand.demon.nl

Re:TLB editor in Delphi 5 autocreate Serverwarppers in _TLB.PAS files

There is a "Create Component Wrapper" checkbox in the Import Type Library
dialog box.  The problem with this is that the only place this exists is in
the "Import Type Library" dialog, yet the setting is respected everywhere
(including when using the wizard and creating a CORBA object).  Personally,
I feel the setting should only be used when importing a type library and if
that were the case then the IDE would be fine.  However, if they are going
to use this functionality whenever the type library editor is used then this
checkbox needs to exist somewhere in the environment options.

Lance

Andre Mens <mens...@mensand.demon.nl> wrote in message

> Is there a way to make the TLB editor not creating the Serverwrappers in
the
> _TLB files.
> Now it's impossible to use the _TLB.PAS files with older Delphi versions.
> I normally use the TLB editor from D4 for all TLB editing wich is used in
> both projects in D3 and D4. Now D5 is for TLB editing the _TLB.PAS don't
> work anymore in the D3 environment because the TLB editor creates wrappers
> for the Server objects. Is there a way to prevent the TLB editor from
doing
> this ?

> --
> Greetings Andre Mens author of QReport Artist

> mens...@mensand.demon.nl
> http://www.mensand.demon.nl

Re:TLB editor in Delphi 5 autocreate Serverwarppers in _TLB.PAS files

Thank you that did the trick. Now they only should remove the uses of
ComServer when this checkbox is on.
--
Greetings Andre Mens author of QReport Artist

mens...@mensand.demon.nl
http://www.mensand.demon.nl

Other Threads