connecting to Oracle8 by BDE and Oracle8i client

I can't connect to Oracle8 server by using Oracle8i client and BDE 5.1. I
had no problems with Oracle8 client but Oracle8i client. Please help me!

Server : Oracle8 8.0.3
Client : BDE 5.1 & Oracle8i 8.1.5

I can connect without any problem by using Net8 Easy Config ('Test'
function). So there seems no problem on client or server side.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Suat

Re:connecting to Oracle8 by BDE and Oracle8i client

hi there,

My guess is that you should run an Oracle 8i server (which is actually
version 8.1.5)...

Clients are backwards compatible, not forward (AFAIK)...

Martijn Tonies

--

For Delphi Components and InterBase tools:
http://www.upscene.com

Suat Saygin Tutuncu <suat.tutu...@mbturk.mercedes-benz.com> wrote in message

> I can't connect to Oracle8 server by using Oracle8i client and BDE 5.1. I
> had no problems with Oracle8 client but Oracle8i client. Please help me!

> Server : Oracle8 8.0.3
> Client : BDE 5.1 & Oracle8i 8.1.5

> I can connect without any problem by using Net8 Easy Config ('Test'
> function). So there seems no problem on client or server side.

> What should I do?

> Thanks,

> Suat

Other Threads