Cached Updates don′t seem to work rigth with Paradox Driver in Multi-user environment

Im using querys with cached updates, but when Im in a multi-user
environment for some reason I cant see what the other users are doing
when I refresh the query closing it and opening it again. Ive tryed
different things:

- Changed the ChachedUpdates property to false and then back to true.
- Called the Unprepare method.
- Changed the select statement to a generic one and back to the one I
need.

None of these seems to work. Apparently it has something to do with the
Paradox driver, because if I switch to Interbase, it works fine!.

The PrivateDir and the NetFileDir properties of the session are setup
correctly.

Has anybody encountered this problem?, and if so, How did you fix it?.

Re:Cached Updates don′t seem to work rigth with Paradox Driver in Multi-user environment

Do you have Local Share set to True?  If you don't, the BDE puts all
table updates into a memory buffer and doesn't actually update the
tables until the buffer's full.  The other option is to call
dbiSaveChanges after you post the data which will force the BDE to
write the data to the disk.

-Dell

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998 19:01:02 -0600, "Ing. Antonio E. Meja Weir"

<ame...@megared.com.mx> wrote:
>Im using querys with cached updates, but when Im in a multi-user
>environment for some reason I cant see what the other users are doing
>when I refresh the query closing it and opening it again. Ive tryed
>different things:

>- Changed the ChachedUpdates property to false and then back to true.
>- Called the Unprepare method.
>- Changed the select statement to a generic one and back to the one I
>need.

>None of these seems to work. Apparently it has something to do with the
>Paradox driver, because if I switch to Interbase, it works fine!.

>The PrivateDir and the NetFileDir properties of the session are setup
>correctly.

>Has anybody encountered this problem?, and if so, How did you fix it?.

Re:Cached Updates don′t seem to work rigth with Paradox Driver in Multi-user environment

Local Share is Set to True, and tryed DBISaveChanges but with no efect. Even
if I query the same table with other query and cached updates set to false,
gives me the same result until I close and restart the application.

If I do a SELECT with the database Explorer works fine. Isnt that weird !!

This is the way the TSession and the TDatabase are configured for all
workstations:

Session.NetFileDir = \\Server\Sample\Net
Session.PrivateDir = C:\Windows\Temp

DataBase.Params =
  PATH=\\Server\Sample

Other Threads