BDE and MSAccess 97

I am trying to access an MSAccess 97 database using Delphi 3 with the
most recent BDE.  Both ODBC and native drivers fail. In the first case
there is an error message abut wrong SQL parameter and in the native
case Delphi complains about missing "MSJT3032.DLL".

Could somebody enlighten me on the correct steps how to do that?

Thanks
    Peter

Re:BDE and MSAccess 97

We had similar problems
The ODBC driver does not support SQL statements containing (among others?)
the 'LIKE' operand, which renders it useless for us.

It is possible to work around this by using the Native MSACCESS driver
supplied by Borland. Unfortunately this driver does not support Access 97
databases directly. It was developed for Access 95 and apparently was never
changed.

We solved this by first installing Access 95 , and then later installing
Access 97 over it. The MSACCESS driver seems to need the MSDAO32.DLL file
that comes with Access 95 to run.

After this, we are able to connect to Access 97 databases and use all SQL
statements.

A bit messy, but it works nevertheless

I posted questions on whether Borland will develop a new MSACCESS driver
earlier, but never got a decent answer.

Jan Neels
2...@voz.be

Peter Dobcsanyi heeft geschreven in bericht
<6c1cs6$9b...@scream.auckland.ac.nz>...

>I am trying to access an MSAccess 97 database using Delphi 3 with the
>most recent BDE.  Both ODBC and native drivers fail. In the first case
>there is an error message abut wrong SQL parameter and in the native
>case Delphi complains about missing "MSJT3032.DLL".

>Could somebody enlighten me on the correct steps how to do that?

>Thanks
>    Peter

Re:BDE and MSAccess 97

Use BDE 4.51 for ACCESS97 native.

--
Neal Smit
coax...@telekabel.nl

Jan Neels <2...@voz.be> wrote in message <6c79pa$ou...@xenon.inbe.net>...
>We had similar problems
>The ODBC driver does not support SQL statements containing (among others?)
>the 'LIKE' operand, which renders it useless for us.

>It is possible to work around this by using the Native MSACCESS driver
>supplied by Borland. Unfortunately this driver does not support Access 97
>databases directly. It was developed for Access 95 and apparently was never
>changed.

>We solved this by first installing Access 95 , and then later installing
>Access 97 over it. The MSACCESS driver seems to need the MSDAO32.DLL file
>that comes with Access 95 to run.

>After this, we are able to connect to Access 97 databases and use all SQL
>statements.

>A bit messy, but it works nevertheless

>I posted questions on whether Borland will develop a new MSACCESS driver
>earlier, but never got a decent answer.

>Jan Neels
>2...@voz.be

>Peter Dobcsanyi heeft geschreven in bericht
><6c1cs6$9b...@scream.auckland.ac.nz>...
>>I am trying to access an MSAccess 97 database using Delphi 3 with the
>>most recent BDE.  Both ODBC and native drivers fail. In the first case
>>there is an error message abut wrong SQL parameter and in the native
>>case Delphi complains about missing "MSJT3032.DLL".

>>Could somebody enlighten me on the correct steps how to do that?

>>Thanks
>>    Peter

Re:BDE and MSAccess 97

Now, the BDE 4.51 (downloadable at borland website to upgrade existing
system) support both Access 95 & 97 version with two different driver.  I
have tested it and had not discover any problem till now.

However, it still need Access 95 or 97 installed on your system because it
use MS Jet engine.

Justmade
Logic Plus
********************
No News is Bad News !
********************

Jan Neels <2...@voz.be> wrote on <6c79pa$ou...@xenon.inbe.net>...

>We had similar problems
>The ODBC driver does not support SQL statements containing (among others?)
>the 'LIKE' operand, which renders it useless for us.

>It is possible to work around this by using the Native MSACCESS driver
>supplied by Borland. Unfortunately this driver does not support Access 97
>databases directly. It was developed for Access 95 and apparently was never
>changed.

>We solved this by first installing Access 95 , and then later installing
>Access 97 over it. The MSACCESS driver seems to need the MSDAO32.DLL file
>that comes with Access 95 to run.

>After this, we are able to connect to Access 97 databases and use all SQL
>statements.

>A bit messy, but it works nevertheless

>I posted questions on whether Borland will develop a new MSACCESS driver
>earlier, but never got a decent answer.

>Jan Neels
>2...@voz.be

>Peter Dobcsanyi heeft geschreven in bericht
><6c1cs6$9b...@scream.auckland.ac.nz>...
>>I am trying to access an MSAccess 97 database using Delphi 3 with the
>>most recent BDE.  Both ODBC and native drivers fail. In the first case
>>there is an error message abut wrong SQL parameter and in the native
>>case Delphi complains about missing "MSJT3032.DLL".

>>Could somebody enlighten me on the correct steps how to do that?

>>Thanks
>>    Peter

Other Threads