Btrieve Database access

I am wondering if there are any components out there for direct
interface with btrieve databases.. If the ODBC drivers are adequate,
please inform me of this... The database I want to access isn't local
to me so I haven't just used the try it myself approach (it happens to
be 500+ MB and located 300km away..

The last time I tried ODBC to connect to it, It was with MS Access v2
and was intolerably slow...

Thanks

Re:Btrieve Database access

In article <3197b6e3.81541...@nntpserver.link.ca> jpw...@the.link.ca (Blas Zappa) writes:
>From: jpw...@the.link.ca (Blas Zappa)
>Subject: Btrieve Database access
>Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 22:31:19 GMT
>I am wondering if there are any components out there for direct
>interface with btrieve databases.. If the ODBC drivers are adequate,
>please inform me of this... The database I want to access isn't local
>to me so I haven't just used the try it myself approach (it happens to
>be 500+ MB and located 300km away..
>The last time I tried ODBC to connect to it, It was with MS Access v2
>and was intolerably slow...
>Thanks

I use Titan from AmiSys... great product....  it is a BDE replacement

'No need for ChimneySweep' to rebuild corrupt databases all the time.'

Walter.

                                 Phone : 510-246-1530
AmiSys Incorporated                Fax : 510-246-1531
1355 Willow Way, #260              BBS : 510-246-1532
Concord, Calif. 94520, USA       Email : Ami...@AmiSysInc.Com
                                         70441.3...@CompuServe.Com

Web Page : http://www.AmiSysInc.com/~amisys/titan.html

You can download the Test Drive via our Web Page or by FTP as follows:

FTP Site : Host Name = ftp.AmiSysInc.Com
           Host Type = Unix Standard
           User ID   = anonymous
           Password  = gu...@AmiSysInc.Com
           Directory = /users/a/amisys

This FTP configuration was tested and works with WS_FTP.EXE

File available via FTP and BBS is:

Titan info, order form and FAQ = TITANDOC.ZIP

The Titan Test Drive is also available on CompuServe in the
Delphi Forum Library and the file name is TITANTST.ZIP
Search for keyword TITAN and/or BTRIEVE