Delphi 3 / Access 97 - database sign in/log in

I have a delphi 3 program working just fine with access 97 but i cannot stop
the login screen from coming up every time i start the program.

i searched the toolbar and did see the tdatabase component has a property
for disabling this but i have no idea how to get the tdatabase and ttable
etc to commumicate.

I added a tdatabase component but it always says database name missing even
though i am using an alias that works fine for the other components.

is there a sequence i must follow ? am i missing somthing simple ? can
anyone tell me how to avoid the login screen totally?

Re:Delphi 3 / Access 97 - database sign in/log in

>I added a tdatabase component but it always says database name missing even
>though i am using an alias that works fine for the other components.

for Access using an alias i the Tdatabase doesn't work.
Double click on the Tdatabase.   Set the Driver name to MSACCESS
Then press the defaults button.
Fill in the  paramaters in the Paramater over ride box

The Database name paramater needs to be the full file name to the .mdb file you
will be using.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Delphi 3 / Access 97 - database sign in/log in

Here is a procedure you can use to connect to an MS ACCESS database...

1. Verify the presence of Microsoft "DAO3032.dll". {installed by MS ACCESS
97, Visual Basic or other Microsoft database application}

2. Verify the presence of BDE version 4.51 with "IDDA3532.dll" MSACCESS
driver.{"IDDA032.dll" used by MS ACCESS 95}

3. Add TDatabase, TTable, TDataSource and TDBGrid components to your form.

4. Enter the following properties on the TDatabase component:
    - AliasName=        {blank}
    - Connected=False    {setting TTable active=true switches this parameter
to true}
    - DatabaseName=FooBar     {Name used by other components to reference
this database}
    - DriverName=MSACCESS    {BDE MSACCESS Driver Name}
    - HandleShared=False
    - KeepConnection=False    {See Delphi help}
    - LoginPrompt=False     {set to true if login dialog is required}
    - Name=Database1
    - Add the following Params...{Include password and User names only if
Access database is password protected}
                 DATABASE NAME=C:\MSOffice\Access\Samples\Northwind.mdb
                 DLL32=IDDA3532.dll
                 PASSWORD=SecretPassword
                 USER NAME=GRose
                Open Mode=READ/WRITE

5. Enter the following properties to the TTable component:
    - DatabaseName=FooBar
    - Name=Table1
    - TableName=Customers     {Click to select from list of tables in *.mdb}
    - Active=true

6. Enter the following properties to the TDataSource component:
    - DataSet=Table1
    - Name=DataSource1

7. Enter the following properties to the TDBGrid:
    - DataSource=DataSource1

Grid will display "Customer" or other selected table from "Northwind.mdb".

Best regards

Glen Rose
Software Resources

Re:Delphi 3 / Access 97 - database sign in/log in

>I can use an alias with Access 95, has this changed or are their some problems
>that aren't apparent on their face? I just checked again and could connect in
>the Delphi IDE using a Database component with an existing alias.

It doesn't work for me with DAO 3.5 to use an alias in the alias property of a
Tdatabase

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com