Delphi 2 form inheritance; code too?

I'm trying to create some inherited structures for my next project
and have therefore created some base forms that I want to inherit
from.  I have created a form and added it to my repository.  Now
when I create a new form and click the 'inherit' button, I get the
new form which is attached to the parent  (I can move stuff on the
parent and it's updated on the child) but all the procedures and
functions and properties I've defined on the parent don't show
up.  What gives?  What isn't being inherited here?

Re:Delphi 2 form inheritance; code too?

Patrick B. Haggood wrote:

> I'm trying to create some inherited structures for my next project
> and have therefore created some base forms that I want to inherit
> from.  I have created a form and added it to my repository.  Now
> when I create a new form and click the 'inherit' button, I get the
> new form which is attached to the parent  (I can move stuff on the
> parent and it's updated on the child) but all the procedures and
> functions and properties I've defined on the parent don't show
> up.  What gives?  What isn't being inherited here?

The "procedures and functions and properties" are inherited - they're
just not redeclared, any more than any other inherited "procedures and
functions and properties" are - just try using 'em. You'll see.

--

Personal Pages                  http://www.midnightbeach.com/jon
Programming Publications        http://www.midnightbeach.com/jon/pubs

Other Threads