getpixel in Delphi

I'm not familiar with the Windows-environment as a programmer, always
making DOS-programs. I'm searching for an equivalent of the DOS-getpixel
in Delphi. Sofar I've come nothing further than GetRValue and the like,
but this seems rather inefficient to me.
The point is, I want to change the colorshades of pixels in a bitmap,
like make them a bit lighter or a bit darker then they were.

Thanks in advance to those who can help,

Remco de Korte
Soft Machine
Nederland
http://yi.com/yimmi.php?yimmi=DekorteRemco
http://yi.com/home/DekorteRemco

Re:getpixel in Delphi

Remco,
  Check out the Pixels[] property.  You can use it to read and write the
color of individual pixels in a bitmap.

Hope this helps!
--
Rod Geraghty (:>)
GERA-Tech

Remco de Korte <remco...@xs4all.nl> wrote in article
<3314EA7C.1...@xs4all.nl>...

Remco de Korte wrote:

> I'm not familiar with the Windows-environment as a programmer, always
> making DOS-programs. I'm searching for an equivalent of the DOS-getpixel
> in Delphi. Sofar I've come nothing further than GetRValue and the like,
> but this seems rather inefficient to me.
> The point is, I want to change the colorshades of pixels in a bitmap,
> like make them a bit lighter or a bit darker then they were.

> Thanks in advance to those who can help,

> Remco de Korte
> Soft Machine
> Nederland
> http://yi.com/yimmi.php?yimmi=DekorteRemco
> http://yi.com/home/DekorteRemco

Take a look at the Pixels array property of TCanvas. If you find
that thr preformance is not what you wish, you will need to use the
GetDiBits() function to work with all the pixles and the palette. The
Second method is not for the faint of heart, but can be very fast.

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
Borland Delphi Developer Support Group