libmain - won't cooperate

Hi

I'm trying to use some of the procedures eg CopyStreamToClipboard(S) in
libmain (delphi 2.01) in a new component. however, if I include libmain in
my uses clause, although it passes the parser ok, compiling produces the
dreaded error msg - duplicate resource, main icon. How can I get around
this? It would be pretty senseless if I
have to go and programme these routines myself - reinventing the wheel.

Many thanks for the help Bill
b...@ecoland.com

Re:libmain - won't cooperate

: "Bill Greene" <ecol...@indigo.ie> wrote:

>Hi

>I'm trying to use some of the procedures eg CopyStreamToClipboard(S) in
>libmain (delphi 2.01) in a new component. however, if I include libmain in
>my uses clause, although it passes the parser ok, compiling produces the
>dreaded error msg - duplicate resource, main icon. How can I get around
>this? It would be pretty senseless if I
>have to go and programme these routines myself - reinventing the wheel.

You must not use anything from libmain in a component.

You may only use libmain in property or component editors or
non-DLL experts.

IOW: It is OK to have something using LIBMAIN in COMPLIB.DCL and
friends, but is definitely impossible to use it in your
application.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@UNI-Passau.DE
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/