ADO newbie question

Hi All:

  Am I right?
 If I use ADO components then I do not redistribute any DLL and BDE files
when I distribute my applications.
 I can assume all the Windows have ability to access my database like MS
Access, Paradox, MS SQL Server...etc?

Thanks in advance.

Inung Huang

Re:ADO newbie question

Thanks for the information.

Inung Huang

"Vassiliev V.V." <n...@vassilievvv.mtu-net.ru> wrote in message

> Most Windows versions can. If not, your users should download MDAC from
> http://www.microsoft.com/data. To access Jet (MS Access) db your users may
> need latest Jet SP from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads. To access MS
SQL
> Server -MS SQL Server should be installed.

> Regards,
> Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
> http://www.oledbdirect.com
> The fastest way to access MS SQL Server, MS Jet (MS Access)
> and Interbase (LCPI provider, http://ibp.lcpi.lipetsk.ru) databases.

> "Inung Huang" <inu...@videotron.ca> ????/???? a ?a???? ????t??:
> > Hi All:

> >   Am I right?
> >  If I use ADO components then I do not redistribute any DLL and BDE
files
> > when I distribute my applications.
> >  I can assume all the Windows have ability to access my database like MS
> > Access, Paradox, MS SQL Server...etc?

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Inung Huang

Re:ADO newbie question

>  Am I right?
> If I use ADO components then I do not redistribute any DLL and BDE files
>when I distribute my applications.

Yes

> I can assume all the Windows have ability to access my database like MS
>Access, Paradox, MS SQL Server...etc?

No.  Win 95 may need Dcom and MDAC installed to use any of these.
Win 98 probably needs an MDAC update.
Versions of MDAC from 2.6 up do not include Jet so that is a separate install.
Jet is used for Paradox tables too but some versions need BDE installed to use
it.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com