Interbase 6.01 on suse Linux 7.1 (Kernel 2.4)

why do I always get "SERVER/process_packet: connection rejected for root"

in interbase log file?

How can i start-up the ibserver?

Thanks.

Re:Interbase 6.01 on suse Linux 7.1 (Kernel 2.4)

Aristo, Ibase is actually running, but not accepting connections
for root, that is, only accepting network connections.
Try ps -e | grep interbase , to see if it is running.
In this ng it thoroughly posted the solution to this issue.
Assuming you are using Super Server.
Best regards.
--
Pablo Snchez
pab...@adinet.com.uy

In article <3bc84933_2@dnews>, "Aristo" <aristidi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> why do I always get "SERVER/process_packet: connection rejected for
> root"

> in interbase log file?

I get the same error, but the server _does_ start

BUT: NEVER START THE SERVER AS ROOT!!!!!

run ibserver using a different user, do NOT start it as root, you can do
really {*word*193} things when interbase is running as root.

regards,
        Olivier

Other Threads