URGENT - IB6 SS. Too many database file damage !!!

I work around 6 months with IB6 SuperServer on a SuSE Linux 6.4

The system is good and work fast.

But is the third time that my database is damaged (index page and database
page errors).

Then I need to validate it (gbak -validate -full    and    gbak -mend) with
structure lost.
Now "is not a problem", the software is in the development fase, but later
Then WHY the database is damaged ? (server is connected to an UPS).

Is some why to correct / repair damage without structure and data lost ?

Is better the classic server ?

Help me please.

Alex D.M.

Re:URGENT - IB6 SS. Too many database file damage !!!

"Alexandre Durn Mertens - Departamento Desarrollo - Computer Soft, S.A." wrote:

> I work around 6 months with IB6 SuperServer on a SuSE Linux 6.4

> The system is good and work fast.

> But is the third time that my database is damaged (index page and database
> page errors).

> Then I need to validate it (gbak -validate -full    and    gbak -mend) with
> structure lost.
> Now "is not a problem", the software is in the development fase, but later

> Then WHY the database is damaged ? (server is connected to an UPS).

> Is some why to correct / repair damage without structure and data lost ?

> Is better the classic server ?

> Help me please.

> Alex D.M.

   If you don't use general file access (copy, for example) to .gdb when it is
used by gds, such a problems may be due to hardware. In my practice it was bad RAM
or bad cashe chips on HD controllers. About repair check

http://www.ibphoenix.com/ibp_db_corr.html

  Personall I tried SS only fo 2 weeks and moved to Classic on reason that there
are not possiblity to localize connection that overload server due to programmer's
error on construct request and drop it from console.

S.A." wrote:
> I work around 6 months with IB6 SuperServer on a SuSE Linux 6.4
> The system is good and work fast.
> But is the third time that my database is damaged (index page and database
> page errors).
> Then I need to validate it (gbak -validate -full    and    gbak -mend) with
> structure lost.
> Now "is not a problem", the software is in the development fase, but later
> Then WHY the database is damaged ? (server is connected to an UPS).
> Is some why to correct / repair damage without structure and data lost ?
> Is better the classic server ?

I believe there has been some problems with the SS version for Linux.
Trying CS might be a good thing.  Are there any interesting messages in
the log file?
Other possible causes:
  H/W problems
  Someone tries to read/copy the db file while it is in use

Regards,
Aage J.

Other Threads