ADO AutoIncrement field value?

Hi,

When I append a new record, I have a problem with the key field, which is a
ADO Access97 AutoIncrement field.
This gives a error "Key value for this row was changed or deleted at the
data store. The local row is now deleted":
  Table.Append;
  Table.Post;          <- After post, the key field gets a value assigned by
Access97
  Table.Refresh;     <- Can't be done.... because key changed ?!

How do I append a new record, post it right away and keep it as the current
record?

Thanks in advance,
  Erwin

ps.
The only work-around i've found until now is:
      Tb.Append;
      Tb.Post;
      Tb.Close;
      Tb.Open;
      Tb.Last;
      Tb.Edit;
Which is not what I want, because it won't work in a network environment and
is very slow. :(