ODBC Connection to Sage MAS 90 database

I am trying to access a MAS 90 database using the BDE.
I set up the alias using the MAS90 ODBC driver.
When I try to open the database in the BDE, I get an error message
'Invalid Configuration Parameter'
BDE Error 12550 [$31][$6]

Where would I look to get the valid configuration paramets? (I am using
the default ones from the BDE)

Gerald Morris

Re:ODBC Connection to Sage MAS 90 database

I have an application built with CPP Builder 3.0 Pro.
It has been using an  access 97 database successfully.
Now the user has upgraded their database to Access 2000.
My application can no longer open the database. I have
upgraded the BDE to the latest update.
What else have I done wrong?
Thanks
Tim Johnson

Re:ODBC Connection to Sage MAS 90 database

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:48:11 -0800, Tim Johnson <tjohn...@matnet.com>
wrote:

>I have an application built with CPP Builder 3.0 Pro.
>It has been using an  access 97 database successfully.
>Now the user has upgraded their database to Access 2000.
>My application can no longer open the database. I have
>upgraded the BDE to the latest update.
>What else have I done wrong?

You have done nothing wrong.  Microsoft changed the format of the database
information and the older driver (DAO v3.5) no longer works.  They have
also not provided an appropriate upgrade path for those users who were
using their recommended data interface to their proprietary MS-Access
databases.  The BDE and its "Native MSACCESS Driver" are just one example
of programs from other vendors impacted by such a move from MS...

Since you use the Professional version of BCB,  you might be able to use
the ODBC driver that MS provides for their new MS-Access database format.
If you do choose to try this solution,  please make sure that you read the
"Tech Alerts" provided by Borland on a known problem with the MS ODBC
drivers for Access 2000 databases...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
Jerry Bloomfield                                     JersW...@wwa.com