Page flipping in mode $13?

Hello all!

How please? It must be possible, but I've tried everything, even
farting around with the vga's registers.

Thanks in advance, james

Re:Page flipping in mode $13?

It's this simple:
You cant do pageflipping in mode $13.
The solution is : chain4 or modeX.
In PCGPE10 (availible at ftp://ftp.cdrom.com)
you cant read about it.

Re:Page flipping in mode $13?

In article <bqui001-0703961206160...@uglg5.cs.auckland.ac.nz>, bqui...@cs.auckland.ac.nz (bevyn Quiding) says:

>simple answer you can't mode 13h uses a different method for address video
>memory than other vga modes . to allow page flipping you have to fiddle
>around with the vga registers. look out for the file zlibp20.zip at
>x2ftp.and it's also at simtel this is a pascal mode-x library.

    But mode-x is normally quite slow.  Any write to video memory using
standard dram can be several times slower unless you know how to time
the writing so it doesn't conflict with the video refresh.  Using a
buffer is much better since you're not competing with the video for
access to memory.

Re:Page flipping in mode $13?

In article <3130c3f2.2671...@news.foobar.co.uk>, fl...@foobar.co.uk (James

Holden) wrote:
> Hello all!

> How please? It must be possible, but I've tried everything, even
> farting around with the vga's registers.

> Thanks in advance, james

simple answer you can't mode 13h uses a different method for address video
memory than other vga modes . to allow page flipping you have to fiddle
around with the vga registers. look out for the file zlibp20.zip at
x2ftp.and it's also at simtel this is a pascal mode-x library.

Bevyn.

Other Threads