JPG and GIF pictures

Hi everyone. I am looking for a Visual Component or an Active X
to use under Delphi 3 Professional.

I wish to display JPG and GIF files on a form, and the Image control
provided only handles BMP, WMF and ICO.

If anyone has information, please send any documents, or even
components/OCX files to my address : nair...@writeme.com

Please don't use this one because I am borrowing my teacher's computer
to access this newsgroup :)

Thanks for your help.

Re:JPG and GIF pictures

In comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.misc sorribas <sorri...@stid.univ-perp.fr> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I am looking for a Visual Component or an Active X
> to use under Delphi 3 Professional.
> I wish to display JPG and GIF files on a form, and the Image control
> provided only handles BMP, WMF and ICO.

Take a look at Delphi Super Page
http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/
You'll find everything you need there

--

Re:JPG and GIF pictures

If you have the Developer/Professional version 3.0+ installed [I am not sure
of other versions] you have to add the jpeg.dcu unit to a package and then
compile it. The TImage component can now show JPegs.

But if you also want Gifs then the Delphi Super Page is the best place to go.

perp.fr> wrote:

> > Hi everyone. I am looking for a Visual Component or an Active X
> > to use under Delphi 3 Professional.

> > I wish to display JPG and GIF files on a form, and the Image control
> > provided only handles BMP, WMF and ICO.

> Take a look at Delphi Super Page
> http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/
> You'll find everything you need there

> --

Re:JPG and GIF pictures

doesn't d3 pro also include the unit JPEG to and GIF (of thereabout) to
access those.
look for TJPEImage and TGIFImage in the help

In comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc sorribas <sorri...@stid.univ-perp.fr> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I am looking for a Visual Component or an Active X
> to use under Delphi 3 Professional.
> I wish to display JPG and GIF files on a form, and the Image control
> provided only handles BMP, WMF and ICO.
> If anyone has information, please send any documents, or even
> components/OCX files to my address : nair...@writeme.com
> Please don't use this one because I am borrowing my teacher's computer
> to access this newsgroup :)
> Thanks for your help.

Re:JPG and GIF pictures

Roel Spapens wrote:

> doesn't d3 pro also include the unit JPEG to and GIF (of thereabout) to
> access those.
> look for TJPEImage and TGIFImage in the help

> In comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc sorribas <sorri...@stid.univ-perp.fr> wrote:

> > Hi everyone. I am looking for a Visual Component or an Active X
> > to use under Delphi 3 Professional.

> > I wish to display JPG and GIF files on a form, and the Image control
> > provided only handles BMP, WMF and ICO.

> > If anyone has information, please send any documents, or even
> > components/OCX files to my address : nair...@writeme.com

> > Please don't use this one because I am borrowing my teacher's computer
> > to access this newsgroup :)

> > Thanks for your help.

JPEG is in the D3-package (so probably D4 too), not the previous ones.
I don't believe GIF is in D4, at least not in D1, D2 or D3.
There is a terrific GIF-unit by Anders Melander. Shouldn't be hard to find, but
if so I can give you the URL.

Remco de Korte
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/

Re:JPG and GIF pictures

Hi,
We sell a commercial VCL (ImagN') that will handle jpeg/gif much better
than the "free" stuff, and if this is for educational purposes I can
'comp' you a copy of our toolkit.  The gif unit for our tools comes from
a third party so that will cost you $19 though (ours requires a Unisys
license, which is steep - but remember all, LZW licensing is still
required for legal use).  Grab our trial view/print engine and see if
you like it:   http://www.pegasustools.com/imagn/index.html#download
A good gif tool that works with ImagN' is here:
 http://members.gem.co.za/~theodor/dll.html
Let me know,
jack
--
     Shrink your JPEG images live: http://www.jpegwizard.com/
 http://www.pegasusimaging.com/ - Pegasus - BETTER DIGITAL IMAGING!
sorribas wrote:

> Hi everyone. I am looking for a Visual Component or an Active X
> to use under Delphi 3 Professional.

> I wish to display JPG and GIF files on a form, and the Image control
> provided only handles BMP, WMF and ICO.

> If anyone has information, please send any documents, or even
> components/OCX files to my address : nair...@writeme.com

> Please don't use this one because I am borrowing my teacher's computer
> to access this newsgroup :)

> Thanks for your help.

Re:JPG and GIF pictures

>(ours requires a Unisys
>license, which is steep - but remember all, LZW licensing is still
>required for legal use).

Is the licensing required even if you just display read images, and not
write/create new gif images?

Re:JPG and GIF pictures

J200088747 wrote:
> Is the licensing required even if you just display read images, and not write/create new gif images?

That is Unisys' claim I am afraid.
jack
--
      Check out the Pegasus {*word*272}: http://www.jpg.com/{*word*272}/