Registration problems of IN-PROC COM Server

I am encountering a problem in registering an IN-PROC COM Server on a
machine other than the one it's been built.

The COM server implements interfaces in a type library which is a
separate entity.

The process I'm following is to first register the type library on
destination pc by copying the DLL and using regsvr32.exe.

The registration of the type library works fine, however when attempting
to do so for the COM Server it fails with an exception message.

However this process works fine on the PC in which the COM Server was
built.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Re:Registration problems of IN-PROC COM Server

By the way the COM Server was developed in Delphi 5 with update pack 1

Damon Court
Programmer
ICON Group

TEL:  +44 023 8025 4383
FAX:  +44 023 8057 0575

e-mail:  damon.co...@iconsoftware.com
<mailto:damon.co...@iconsoftware.com>
web:    www.iconsoftware.com <http://www.iconsoftware.com>

Where technology meets entertainment

                Conversation:   Registration problems of IN-PROC COM
Server
                Subject:        Registration problems of IN-PROC COM
Server

                I am encountering a problem in registering an IN-PROC
COM Server on a machine other than the one it's been built.

                The COM server implements interfaces in a type library
which is a separate entity.

                The process I'm following is to first register the type
library on destination pc by copying the DLL and using regsvr32.exe.

                The registration of the type library works fine, however
when attempting to do so for the COM Server it fails with an exception
message.

                However this process works fine on the PC in which the
COM Server was built.

                Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Re:Registration problems of IN-PROC COM Server

I don't know if it solves any of your problems, but you should read the
excellent documentation on implementing COM with Delphi on
http://www.techvanguards.com/.

"Damon Court" <Damon.Co...@iconsoftware.com> schreef in bericht

> I am encountering a problem in registering an IN-PROC COM Server on a
> machine other than the one it's been built.

> The COM server implements interfaces in a type library which is a
> separate entity.

> The process I'm following is to first register the type library on
> destination pc by copying the DLL and using regsvr32.exe.

> The registration of the type library works fine, however when attempting
> to do so for the COM Server it fails with an exception message.

> However this process works fine on the PC in which the COM Server was
> built.

> Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Re:Registration problems of IN-PROC COM Server

If you could post the IDL generated by the type library editor in delphi
I may be able to help. There's a possibility that your type library is
refrencing something that is not registered on the machine that's giving
you trouble.

By default <system>\stdvcl40.dll is refrenced for all the midas bullshit
even though you may not be using it. If you uncheck it on the uses tab
and recompile, you may have better luck. If this doesn't fix it, post the
IDL, I'd like to take a look.

Thomas G. Willis

ps: remove "no" and "spam" to reply directly.

On 7/13/2000, 7:01:06 AM, Damon Court <Damon.Co...@iconsoftware.com> wrote
regarding Forgot to mention:
> By the way the COM Server was developed in Delphi 5 with update pack 1
> Damon Court
> Programmer
> ICON Group
> TEL:  +44 023 8025 4383