Delphi 4 CS, SQL Links, and IBM AS400/DB2

We have a client who is using an AS400.  This system is running a DB/2 database.

What client software, other than the BDE and SQL Links for DB/2, will be
required to connect to this DB/2 database?

Any comments on what to watch out for when connecting this way?  Suggestions?
Known problems?  etc?

Your help is appreciated.

Damon Pugh
Vision Software

Re:Delphi 4 CS, SQL Links, and IBM AS400/DB2

You need IBM CAE 2 or 5 client and a DDCS gateway to get access to DB2 running on
mainframe.
The DDCS configuration on the gateway  is really painful but once you have that set
up connecting from your client app through BDE - IBM CAE is very simple ( almost
like connecting to DB2 on NT).

T.Ramesh.

Damon Pugh wrote:
> We have a client who is using an AS400.  This system is running a DB/2 database.

> What client software, other than the BDE and SQL Links for DB/2, will be
> required to connect to this DB/2 database?

> Any comments on what to watch out for when connecting this way?  Suggestions?
> Known problems?  etc?

> Your help is appreciated.

> Damon Pugh
> Vision Software

Re:Delphi 4 CS, SQL Links, and IBM AS400/DB2

Try DELPHI400 from borland (TCIS).
Ramesh Theivendran wrote:
> You need IBM CAE 2 or 5 client and a DDCS gateway to get access to DB2 running on
> mainframe.
> The DDCS configuration on the gateway  is really painful but once you have that set
> up connecting from your client app through BDE - IBM CAE is very simple ( almost
> like connecting to DB2 on NT).

> T.Ramesh.

> Damon Pugh wrote:

> > We have a client who is using an AS400.  This system is running a DB/2 database.

> > What client software, other than the BDE and SQL Links for DB/2, will be
> > required to connect to this DB/2 database?

> > Any comments on what to watch out for when connecting this way?  Suggestions?
> > Known problems?  etc?

> > Your help is appreciated.

> > Damon Pugh
> > Vision Software