Table Level Changed Error Message When creating dBase Index

I am trying to build an index on a dBase III (Clipper in fact) table at
runtime prior to import to an Interbase Database.  I have can access the
data in a non indexed table, I can open the table exclusively, but I can't
get TTable.AddIndex ('Recptr', 'Recptr', [ ]) to work.

I get a returned exception "table level changed".

I am also unable to access a Clipper .ntx index built on the same field
although Delphi is now supposed to support this.

Any clues appreciated

Peter

Re:Table Level Changed Error Message When creating dBase Index

I should have used an ixNonMaintained Option.  The level change message has
gone but now I have an invalid file name error message.

Other Threads