Problem with SQL Links / SQL Server - datetime format

We have a problem with an application which sends datetime values to a
database. These values are formatted according to a long date time format.

On some computers English month names are used, on others national language
names are sent instead. It seems to depend on a computer's configuration
(regional settings ?) but we can't see any difference in this respect.

As a result we get conversion errors from the server.

SQL Links version is 4.00, SQL Server version is 6.5, service pack 4.

The same problem apears in BDE 5.00.

What's wrong ?

Re:Problem with SQL Links / SQL Server - datetime format

Maybe this helps:

- start the Windbver.exe of \MSSQL\BINN
- uncheck the "Use international settings"
- restart your computer

--
-- Please do not respond to my mail adress.
-- I want to discuss this in this newsgroup only.

Bernd Maierhofer - dato Denkwerkzeuge
EDV-Projekte & Consulting

Piotr Wawak schrieb in Nachricht <768cqq$mu...@forums.borland.com>...

>We have a problem with an application which sends datetime values to a
>database. These values are formatted according to a long date time format.

>On some computers English month names are used, on others national language
>names are sent instead. It seems to depend on a computer's configuration
>(regional settings ?) but we can't see any difference in this respect.

>As a result we get conversion errors from the server.

>SQL Links version is 4.00, SQL Server version is 6.5, service pack 4.

>The same problem apears in BDE 5.00.

>What's wrong ?

Other Threads