Invalid Class Typecast on components with a property type TStrings.

I get a "Invalid Class Typecast" any time I add a Component with a property
of type TStrings.  If I add a combobox, which has a property items of type
TStrings, then open the object Inspector I get a dialog box say "Invalid
Class Typecast".  I cannot do anything with that property in the object
inspector and anytime I click on that property I get that dialog box.  I
hoping someone can help me fix this because it is a major announce.

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Re:Invalid Class Typecast on components with a property type TStrings.

TStrings is an abstract, use TStringList instead

"Ray Andrews" <del...@steeltoad.com> wrote in message

> TStrings is an abstract, use TStringList instead

I am not declaring anything as a Tstrings, but instead just merely adding a
component like Tcombobox to a form. I get the error when I use the object
inspector. It shows that the property Items is an Invalid class Typecast.

In article <3d371282$1_2@dnews>, Andy Moon wrote:
> I get a "Invalid Class Typecast" any time I add a Component with a property
> of type TStrings.  If I add a combobox, which has a property items of type
> TStrings, then open the object Inspector I get a dialog box say "Invalid
> Class Typecast".  I cannot do anything with that property in the object
> inspector and anytime I click on that property I get that dialog box.  I
> hoping someone can help me fix this because it is a major announce.

> I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Sounds like you have installed a 3rd-party package that registered a rather
brain-dead property editor for TStrings. Find and remove that package and the
problem should stop.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :